|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
In the darkI am the creature
Who lurks in the dark
The one you never notice
But who's always there
Just observing the world
Without really understanding it
And waiting for the day
The day you notice me
And invite me into the light
To Be a True RebelBeing a true rebel is...
• Not caring about looking feminine and being able to say "No, the lady will have a steak because the lady has not eaten anything since 10 a.m. this morning” when you are dining at a posh restaurant and your date goes “…and the lady will have the Caesar salad”.
• Not caring about looking masculine and crying all the way through “Hachiko – A Dog’s Story”.
• Admitting you can get hurt, not bothering to hide your sadness when you get hit from the blind side but giving no quarter to self-pity or to the people who hurt you once you are done with that sadness.
• Meeting kings and queens and remaining nonchalant and calm like you just ran into a regular friend on the street.
• Knowing there is a deeper truth to people other than the titles and the paychecks they carry and making an effort to truly get to know someone.
• Walking on the street on a regular Monday morning looking like you just
vigil.i’m a boy who kisses crosses, and the pages of the bible
whisper to me in my sleep, stories of labor and towers
built to be destroyed by an angry god up above; some
call them martyrs, and in the halfway place between
manhood and my psychiatrist’s mouth, i call them
people with nothing better to do—i find god in a box
of tissues on her table and eat the body of christ as
a lithim tablet (saltier than i remember) and pray
that the girl i first kissed found a man who loves her—
brothers and sisters, we are gathered here today to
worship at the white altar, but look at us: we’ll put
our umbrellas above a stranger’s head and risk catching
a cold, we’ll give a man a dollar and come home to a
painfully empty apartment—we’re all just suicidal
and convincing each other not to do it; when will we
look in the mirror, at our raccoon eyes, at our wildfire
hair, at our crooked teeth, and decide that, even if it’s
overcast, the day is bright
a dangerous hallucinationThe light coming through the window was bright,
much too bright.
Even though my eyes were closed
I could see it-
The skin of my arms prickled,
sweat dripped from my brow.
It was two in the afternoon but…
the sun was setting
through the window facing east.
I should have seen the hutch,
shelves lined with bone china
decorated with delicate leaves and vines.
I was so thirsty
and reaching for cups that should have been there.
Instead I found a billboard of butterflies,
the colors raging
more than any rainbow
I'd ever seen.
Their wings fluttered and flashed
yet somehow they moved in slow motion.
I wanted to stand,
wanted to reach out and touch them but…
I couldn't move,
and yet I laughed
ignoring my dry mouth
and the tingling in my feet.
There was a tempest
on the rise
and in my blood.
A sugar rush disguised
as a riot of butterflies
and they were swarming me.
There was a small vial
of insulin in my pocket
that I nev
Keep in Touch!
scheinbar is a much-loved and well-known deviant. Just one look at her gallery, filled with enchanting photography, will have you mesmerized. A deviant for over 7 years, Christiane can always be found posting inspirational features as well as regularly commenting on other deviations and encouraging and empowering her fellow deviants. We are inspired and insist that you too stop by and congratulate ... Read More